latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #28027
Mandip Sohal
Username: sohalm

I have set up clickbank and created the buttons etc which have been added to the my site.

The problem is that customer receives the payment confrmation email, but no email is received confirming their their username and password for the site.

Not sure what to do – I do not understand what the signup process using Clickbank – would really appreciate some help on this.

rgds
M Sohal

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:33 am #28097

Hi Mandip.

The way it goes is:

– User clicks ClickBank button generated with the s2Member shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons[/hilite]
– Goes to ClickBank and checks out.
– ClickBank sends him an email.
– Is returned to the s2Member return URL. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]
– s2Member sets a cookie so he can register and is given the paid access.
– s2Member emails him the Signup Confirmation. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]
– He registers his account. yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register
– WordPress sends him the New User email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration[/hilite]
– He has to login.

Did you register an account after the checkout or were you expecting that to happen automatically?

In any case, until your site is running correctly, it’s good to have logging enabled to help sorting out any problems while setting this up. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:47 pm #28164
Mandip Sohal

this does help – just to be clear –

1. the user clicks on the clickbank button and are sent to the clickbank checkout to pay
2. once he has paid, he is sent to the “thank you” page
3. he is then sent a signup email from which he can register, and then login

If so, I get sent to the thank you, but nothing else happens after this.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Mandip

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:23 am #28230

Okay, if nothing happens, then something’s wrong. I’d need to see the log entries for the transaction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

You can post the entries here (x’ing out private info), or use the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:02 pm #28276
Mandip Sohal

I figured it out now – I had not entered the IPN return url in CB (and hence I was getting no logs either!) and not set the registration page url in s2member.

I think that the Clickbank setup instructions could be a little clearer – perhaps a video / screencast can do the trick!

rgds
Mandip

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:42 am #28310

Ah, thanks for the update and the input regarding the instructions. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.