latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Closing Topics to Comments – Lightening Fast

Home Forums Community Forum Closing Topics to Comments – Lightening Fast

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:38 pm #38423
Richard Young
Username: btuk

I’ve been a fan of s2Member for about 7 years I think it is. However the past few I have not been generating membership sites.

So I was delighted when I had the opportunity to build another one after a few year away.

Q) Is it just me of does the “…closed to comments…” really annoy you?

WHY is it necessary to do it within days. They used to be open so the community could add value and assistance. Sometimes the staff comments simply are not enough IMHO.

Perhaps S2M no longer wishes for that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:03 pm #38427

Threads often need to be locked, to stop them being derailed.

If the person who asked for help has been assisted, the thread has run its course. Nothing is stopping people from starting their own support thread.

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:12 pm #38429
Richard Young
Username: btuk

Yeah I don’t disagree with you Alec, , but I’m getting lazy in my old age. ;-)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm #38970
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Richard,

s2Member has been available since 2011, the oldest version, pretty sure. :)

So your question is why topics are closed to new posts? I believe the forum system closes posts automatically after 15 days with no activity, in which case post owners normally open another topic referencing that older thread.

Also, Jason closes topics that have been solved for his own organization I think, to keep everything organized.

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.