latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

cloudfront private key smil and jwplayer6

Home Forums Community Forum cloudfront private key smil and jwplayer6

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  bigt11 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:33 pm #45418
bigt11
Username: bigt11

So I have the integration with s2member working with s3 storage and cloudfront. I followed the suggested instructions and code sample and I get the private links to work with cloudfront and jwplayer. Where i am stuck is how do I use s2member’s creation of the private keys for a SMIL manifest so I can use rtmp dynamic streams. It seems that jwplayer requires some sort of .smil file or a .php that creates a smil file to be placed in the “file” area of the playlist, it does not seem to accept a bunch of paths to the different qualities of the file without it being in a smil format.

I have a sloppy way to get this to work. Basically I looped the code that generates the private signed URL based off of the file name. I then made a .php file and passed all the parts of each key per file size as variables. /pathTOphp.php?Policy=111&Signature=222&Key-Pair-Id=333&nameOfFileandSize=444

I parse all the passed variables in that php file, then I construct the .smil file. I got it to work, but Im offering 5 different sizes for the dynamic stream, so the URL that is passes if about 2500-5000 character, which is way to long for internet explorer. It works i chrome. It almost seems that I need to generate the private keys in the .php file so i dont have to pass a lot of information in the URL. I tried to see how you sign the private urls in your source, but its above my pay grade to understand what it is doing.

I also tried to create a function that would create this smil format and have it be returned in the “file” area, but that didnt seem to work. It seems to really like an actual file to look for the smil format.

Any hints on how I can pull this off.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.