latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cloudfront/s3 options, do I need them?

Home Forums Community Forum Cloudfront/s3 options, do I need them?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #16538
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

My site already integrates Cloudfront and s3 for speed. I have a subdomain with cname redirect to my cloudfront/s3. My s3 bucket contains portions of wp-content and wp-includes. This is setup for performance improvements on my site. I plan to block portions of some posts, and some posts/pages and comments on my site.

Is there any reason for me to use the auto-create/integration in s2member “download options” or is that only used if I actually plan to have ebooks or other downloads for offer to users that I want to restrict?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:56 am #16576

Right, you only need to integrate s2Member with S3 to protect the downloads from there. If your files are public, you can use S3 normally, without integrating to s2Member.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.