latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CMS Home Page

Home Forums Community Forum CMS Home Page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 8:38 pm #4203
Eric Grossman
Username: s2Eric

Hi
1) I am using the twentyeleven WP theme. My site is a CMS. When using s2member I thought that the “Membership Option Page” would replace my static “Home” page in WP Reading Settings options. When I set the static home page to the “Membership Option Page” there is an error message stating that the “Membership Option Page” must be standalone. I set the Home page back to the static home page. So now I don’t get it. What is the purpose of my “Home” page? I have to set some page to the static home page in the Reading Settings options in order to use WP as a CMS. Do I need to programmatically remove the “Home” page from the main menu? Is it intended that the “Membership Option Page” be a website’s home page or does the user start at a “Home” page and then get re-directed to the “Membership Option Page”?

2) Another member plug-in I tested could add and removed menu items from the main menu based on privileges of the user. Can I do that with your plug-in?

3) I need to have the subscriber read a disclaimer page before purchasing my service. Can I do that with this plug-in.
Thanks very much.
Eric

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 4:32 am #4431

Hi Eric,

1) The Membership Options Page is not meant to be the Home page of your site, but a page where users get sent when they try to view a restricted page/post. It’s not advisable to pick the same page for the Membership Options and Home, because it can cause conflicts in WordPress. You may have the same content in both if you prefer it, though.

2) s2Member will remove from the menu, pages that the user doesn’t have access to. Check out the setting [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Alternative View -> Nav Menus[/hilite]

3) http://www.s2member.com/kb/force-terms-and-conditions-agreement/

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:30 am #4463
Staff Member

There is also a video tutorial here which covers some conflicts that can occur if you configure your static Home Page as the Membership Options Page for s2Member. Might be worth watching. See: http://www.s2member.com/videos/F267E93C7B467D64/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.