latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Common Hook Explanations

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks Common Hook Explanations

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 10:17 am #7169
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Mods, feel free to remove this if you don’t think it is appropriate for this section.

That being said, I would like to see some better/more documentation on the hooks, filters, classes. I love having so many options, but the number of options also makes it harder to know which ones do what. I and others have spent a ton of time with trial and error going through hooks and filters to find the right one for our purposes.

I know the developers and customer service guys have their hands full so I thought maybe we could make an “unofficial guide” to documenting what hooks we use and why and what they do.

It would be nice if this could be it’s own forum so we can include topic titles or maybe we could just put it here, though it may be harder to search through if it’s included with the hacks.

I would think the post would be something like this:

Title: hook or filter name : Explained
Hook Name
How it works, what it does, where it is in the process, notable variables available (not all, just ones specific to the function)

Just a thought. Thanks for reading! lol!

Dave

EDIT: I do see this as being different from the Hacks, simply because it’s more educational and less “fix it” or “hack” if that makes sense.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  David Welch.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 4:34 am #7433
Staff Member
David Welch. Forum rank/icon updated to Experienced User.

Thanks David. Yes, I couldn’t agree more. We’ll probably never document ALL of them in great detail (well over 1000 now), but we’d certainly like to document the most important ones. We’ll be working to improve this as we move forward this year.

As it exists now, the s2Member Codex does already include some prelimary documentation for ALL Hooks/Filters, broken down by Package Class, and with references to where each Hook/Filter is located in the source code.

See Also: s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.