latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

community functionality

Home Forums Community Forum community functionality

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Randy King 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:23 am #39509

S2 seems to do a great job of processing and maintaining memberships but we also need a tool that will help our members network with each other. From what I’ve read with S2 I can’t tell if S2 does that. Things like search for other members, message other members, maintain your own member profile, etc. Can S2 do all of these things? If not, does S2 integrate with another community platform? I also did not see that covered in your video or sales page. I need to be certain this will work for our needs before buying the pro version. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:13 pm #39540
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Robert,

I am in the process of building such a site and my research has led me to implement BuddyPress along with s2Member. BuddyPress tightly integrates with the WordPress platform and gives you gobs of possibilities for community interaction, and s2Member governs who gets in the door and what rooms they can play in.

Check out BuddyPress here: http://buddypress.org/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.