latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Concern with visible IP tracking of customer

Home Forums Community Forum Concern with visible IP tracking of customer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:08 pm #23807
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Hi,

This message relates to a post written last year on the prior forum and is available at: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14691

I tried using the full code as suggested in teh link above but the paypal screen was creating the following error message (with or without the IP address lines present): “The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.”

Basically, I am concerned that members will feel uneasy seeing their computer’s IP address appear on the paypal page. As mentioned in the thread above, this is not due to a paypal setting but to S2member. I haven’t seen my IP address show up on any internet purchase I’ve ever made. Has anyone else found a successful way to remove this? It’s not that I don’t want to have a record of members IP address since I know it’s necessary to prevent fraud but I’m concerned about having it appear this way.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 8:15 am #23844
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jane,

Do you have button encryption enabled under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -> Enable Button Encryption?, if not, please do, and follow the instructions there to enable it on PayPal’s side also.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #24205
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Thank you for the reply. It was helpful to see where the problem may be stemming from but I still haven’t succeeded in making this work. All the encryption settings seem to be place on both ends so I’m not sure what is wrong. I then decided to just turn off all the encryption settings on both ends and see if the long-code button could work. However, this time the paypal error message reads: “Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.” The problem is that as far as I can tell everything is specified for those values. I see in the code I am using as a test that there is an a3 of 1.00, a p3 of 1 and a T3 of M.

Not sure why this long form code isn’t working either. The short code works fine and I don’t get any error messages about encryption or the values.

Again, I’m only doing this to try to get the IP address off the customer’s paypal page. Any leads on what I should do next would be great.

Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 6:59 pm #24213
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jane,

Well, if you use the long code (HTML form) then it isn’t gonna be encrypted, and you shouldn’t get any errors, do you have the PHP Execution plugin installed?

Also, if you want to get the user’s IP upon registration/payment, then you can use the s2Member sections you find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.