latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Conditional Shortcodes on Welcome Page

Home Forums Community Forum Conditional Shortcodes on Welcome Page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 5:13 pm #48823

Hi there:

We posted this about a month or so ago, but tried another theme because we needed a responsive theme. Now we’re back and are having the same issue we had previously:

We’ve got the following up in the HTML tab on the page designated for our Login Welcome Page:

Welcome [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME" /]!

Your Account Details:  Membership Level: [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL" /]
Your are a: [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LABEL" /]

We’ve also tried:

[s2If is_user_logged_in()]

Welcome [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME" /]!
Your Account Details:

Membership Level: [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL" /]
Your are a: [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LABEL" /]

[/s2If]

But none of this info shows when a user is logged in.

We tried everything on the troubleshooting page:

– deactivated all plugins
– checked server with the server check provided by s2member
– tried activating the twentytwelve theme

Are we missing something obvious? We need to get the site launched, and would very much like to have this feature working. As far as we can see, we’ve followed all the relevant instructions.

Thanks in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 7:54 pm #48950

I don’t know why they wouldn’t work. So you tried with the default theme and deactivating the other plugins and still nothing?

Are you using must-use plugins? Have you tried deactivating them too for the tests? /wp-content/mu-plugins/

Does the PHP version of those work?

When you tried the server scanner, did it mention any problems with the s2Member directory checksums? Are the directories complete and without any alterations?

Could you try the other tips in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 9:52 pm #48972

Tried all of these and nothing. Is the shortcode in my sample correct?

If so, I guess we’ll try again. It seems very odd.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 1:02 am #48993

Yeah, the code looks okay.

So you tried everything I said in my other reply? Even the troubleshooting tip of testing in a clean test installation of WP with just s2Member?

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 2:45 pm #49028

Everything but that, as we’re really down to the wire on getting this site launched and are short on time. We’ll have to give it a try, I guess. Thank you.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 1:58 am #49083

Okay. Test that please.

And feel free to submit your site’s info if you’d like me to take a look at these conditionals in a post to see how they’re behaving and if I can spot what may be causing it. Let me know here after you sent it so I look for the email, please. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.