latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Configure Amazon S3 / Cloudfront / Video

Home Forums Community Forum Configure Amazon S3 / Cloudfront / Video

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm #37481

Hi! I’m new here and I couldn’t find a search function for the forum so may be you can direct me to the right thread?

I’m building a new membership site including a lot of training videos. I want to prevent users to download and sell these videos as much as possible.
I have a Amazon S3 and Cloudfront account and went through all the steps in the support video I found until I hit the portion where you have to paste all that code into a page and then change tags and stuff.
While I consider myself a semi-experienced WordPress customizer you totally lost me :-(
I also saw that JW now offers a WordPress plugin? Does that make the whole thing obsolete?

I ended up upgrading to a pro account in the hope to find better support.
Would you please direct me to instructions setting this up?
Thanks
Frithjof

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:36 pm #37510
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Hi! I’m new here and I couldn’t find a search function for the forum so may be you can direct me to the right thread?

Please use the search box at the top of the site.

While I consider myself a semi-experienced WordPress customizer you totally lost me :-(
I also saw that JW now offers a WordPress plugin? Does that make the whole thing obsolete?

I understand. This is THE most advanced aspect of s2Member. The JW Player plugin will not help you with this, please use the code samples provided by s2Member in your Dashboard for this. You will need to copy/paste the code samples we provide, into a Post/Page and this will produce a JW Player with your protected audio/video.

The video tutorial here covers this in great detail for you.
See: Video » s2Member® File Downloads (Amazon S3/CloudFront/JW Player)

If you have specific questions about something that we covered in that video, I’m happy to help.

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:09 pm #37700

Thanks Jason – I understand and I went through the set up again.
Unfortunately I end up with “Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.”

Looking through the Longtail documentation I am wondering if the problem is with JW6?
May be I should try installing JW5 instead? Where do I find it?
Longtail reports that their player is not yet compatible with WP 3.5 may be I have to wait until it is?

I’ve tinkered a couple of hours with the PHP plugin because it gave me a warning :-(
nothing helps
This might have to do with the fact that we are dealing with a plugin that is only compatible up to WP 2.8?
Can you suggest a better alternative?

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #37888
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I’m not aware of any incompatibilities between JW Player v5 or v6 and WordPress v3.5. We’ve tested these in our lab without issue. These two software applications don’t really need to be compatible with each other anyway, because one is a video player, and the other is a CMS, and the two apps don’t really share any code or framework together, other than a JavaScript file JW Player pulls in, which seems to work fine within WordPress.

It sounds to me like you’re using a JW Player plugin for WordPress?
If so, we can’t offer support for that here. I’m sorry.

In fact, I’m not aware that s2Member’s integration with Amazon CloudFront would even be compatible with the JW Player plugin for WordPress, because s2Member is guarding these files. I don’t think you can just paste a direct link to a file into a JW Player plugin shortcode when you’re protecting files with s2Member. You will need to use the code sample we provide in your Dashboard and in the video tutorial. I could be wrong on this, so you might check with the JW Player plugin developer to seek assistance.

UPDATE: I took a quick look at this document at Longtail™. It does look like it’s possible to integrate CloudFront RTMP streams with the JW Player plugin. However, s2Member is dealing not JUST with an RTMP stream, but with a protected RTMP stream (which requires a digitally signed URL). Therefore, it’s still not as simple as the examples you see in that article. It could be done, but it will be just as complex, if not more complex, than using the code samples that we provide in your Dashboard, and in our video tutorial — in my opinion.

UPDATE: The JW Player plugin for WordPress does NOT yet support JW Player v6. Hmm. That plugin was developed by Longtail Video, one would think they would support JW Player v6 even before s2Member would have (which we do). Anyway, if you’re running the JW Player plugin, as this time, you’ll be running with v5 it looks like to me.

If you’re running JW Player v6, please be sure to grab the code sample provided by s2Member from your Dashboard (for version 6), and NOT the sample for JW Player v5 by mistake. s2Member provides code samples for each version. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® v6 & RTMP Protocol Examples

Thanks Jason – I understand and I went through the set up again.
Unfortunately I end up with “Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.”

Does this error come from the JW Player plugin for WordPress integration, or from the s2Member code sample? If it’s from the s2Member code sample, please paste your final code here and we’ll review it with you.

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:37 pm #39112

Hi Jason!
Thank you SO much for posting your video support post today! It helped a lot and I could actually get a video to play (yay!) Iroically it’s the stream version that worked with the short code you provided and I’m happy with that.
( I guess I can figure out a way to wrap it into an embed code later on)

One thing I noticed, is that the video doesn’t show on my android phone? Any ideas why?

PS: here is the url for my test post: http://socialmediacoach.me/test-post-for-videos/

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:49 pm #39467
Staff Member

That’s great!

I was unable to view the videos because they are available to members only.
Please post the code you ended up with, which generates the videos and we’ll review that with you.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:04 pm #39472

That’s really cool – not sure if this is what you mean:

You are here: Home > Test post for videos

jwplayer.key = ”, jwplayer(‘s2-stream-56e69945b07708f492bf3cbdc11e1764’).setup({

playlist:
[{
/* List all available sources. */ sources:
[
{file: ‘rtmp://sjx945gm5q7hv.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:video.mp4?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoidmlkZW8ubXA0IiwiQ29uZGl0aW9uIjp7IklwQWRkcmVzcyI6eyJBV1M6U291cmNlSXAiOiIyNC42Ny42Ny4xMDQvMzIifSwiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNTkxNjkwNDZ9fX1dfQ__&Signature=Zr8fHUJykbCtgoNA4np75aoeSBMLCjQs7TDEU3Zg4mo4zOI2-0EDa~NvBFrTgIp4MP4mAGYMgqZ4Z0-WWQCNdL56HW6pPO8ii5OPxSEGl43vzOQmkCGPwvkhtdCd5y9M~GtFFr-BvSXzMxKPTyoHyi6Dc2djFg3ccKKXxUzIh0M_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI6QW4CSB5HFSPHKQ’}
]
}],

image: ”,
title: ”,

controls: true,
height: 0,
skin: ”,
stretching: ‘uniform’,
width: 580,

autostart: false,
fallback: true,
mute: false,
primary: ‘flash’,
repeat: false,
startparam: ”,

});

Test post for videos

s2 member video 1

jwplayer.key = ”, jwplayer(‘s2-stream-f47eaebc9220fa009e02286c4ffc2f6b’).setup({

playlist:
[{
[
{file: ‘http://dfj2lk6apfcn7.cloudfront.net/video.mp4?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaHR0cDovL2RmajJsazZhcGZjbjcuY2xvdWRmcm9udC5uZXQvdmlkZW8ubXA0IiwiQ29uZGl0aW9uIjp7IklwQWRkcmVzcyI6eyJBV1M6U291cmNlSXAiOiIyNC42Ny42Ny4xMDQvMzIifSwiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNTkxNjkwNDZ9fX1dfQ__&Signature=bMAaEhcqDtzOmRWAVHhi6NDNOFmCFTtA5enFr4M2NhNbHuz~GAd3n8yEqGCKy4pWTCgKtbp8MDLIqBFtt7k~PKKArrSiV3bRRSLEANk69kOkPhL3Qkpj5nAmhuXZDSPgGWlBwEV4U5cqZJP5vcG1z3XopKDIKywAgl-6OKy2GC4_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI6QW4CSB5HFSPHKQ’}
]
}],

height: 270,
width: 480,

});

s2 member video 2

jwplayer.key = ”, jwplayer(‘s2-stream-56b626f1e10e74e14b8dfb80386722ae’).setup({

playlist:
[{
[
{file: ‘rtmp://sjx945gm5q7hv.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:video.mp4?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoidmlkZW8ubXA0IiwiQ29uZGl0aW9uIjp7IklwQWRkcmVzcyI6eyJBV1M6U291cmNlSXAiOiIyNC42Ny42Ny4xMDQvMzIifSwiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNTkxNjkwNDZ9fX1dfQ__&Signature=Zr8fHUJykbCtgoNA4np75aoeSBMLCjQs7TDEU3Zg4mo4zOI2-0EDa~NvBFrTgIp4MP4mAGYMgqZ4Z0-WWQCNdL56HW6pPO8ii5OPxSEGl43vzOQmkCGPwvkhtdCd5y9M~GtFFr-BvSXzMxKPTyoHyi6Dc2djFg3ccKKXxUzIh0M_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI6QW4CSB5HFSPHKQ’}
]
}],

});

same code with short video

jwplayer.key = ”, jwplayer(‘s2-stream-6028efea534e121aa11faf66c888ca4d’).setup({

playlist:
[{
[
{file: ‘rtmp://sjx945gm5q7hv.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:intro.mp4?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaW50cm8ubXA0IiwiQ29uZGl0aW9uIjp7IklwQWRkcmVzcyI6eyJBV1M6U291cmNlSXAiOiIyNC42Ny42Ny4xMDQvMzIifSwiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNTkxNjkwNDZ9fX1dfQ__&Signature=KIcdW9qdh4paluvFG25brJTQGH-B3CnyG00bbyrzm0V4BPYVMWGtOx4CFnRIkczD14hHqwxmJpYWclj8mV6P8jZqP14QtmIyN7Y8LOQCqTCIuY~IuiyndAuaUIWE-4D3JXTkXNmbaqLlfjaE4UKG9VfTWME8N4cdUg2iyJ7MN0g_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI6QW4CSB5HFSPHKQ’}
]
}],

});

← Become a Beta Tester

I have contacted longtail in the mean time and they sent me JWPlayer5 becasue of the incompatibility with the JWplayer6 pro version

If the above code doesn’t work I have set up a trial signup form at http://socialmediacoach.me/pricing/ without actually defining membership levels yet…

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:55 am #39608
Staff Member

One thing I noticed, is that the video doesn’t show on my android phone? Any ideas why?

It appears to me that you’ve used [s2Stream player="jwplayer-rtmp-only" ...], and with this player, ONLY the RTMP stream is made available.

I could be wrong (things changed quite often with this), but I don’t believe Android can handle RTMP streams via Flash. I believe you will need HTML 5 video tags, and that requires [s2Stream player="jwplayer-rtmp" ... /], which provides a fallback for these devices, by serving the MP4 file instead of the RTMP stream when necessary.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.