latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Confirmation email not sending?

Home Forums Community Forum Confirmation email not sending?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 11:33 am #49483

I have read all relevant forum topics but no specific answer for me.

Each time a customer registers, they receive the clickbank receipt but not confirmation email.

Everything is set up correctly as far as I can see, the email address however is running through Gmail – is there something I must change over in Gmail to make this work?

I am aware of this warning:
Running WordPress® with an SMTP mail plugin?

Please be advised. If you run an SMTP mail plugin with WordPress®, be sure to configure s2Member with a valid `From:` address (i.e. one matching your SMTP configuration perhaps). Most free SMTP servers, such as Gmail® and Yahoo®, require that your `From:` header match the email address associated with your account. Please check with your SMTP service provider before attempting to configure plugins like s2Member to use a different `From:` address when sending email messages.

Is it likely that I must do something within Gmail or in wordpress? If so what do you suggest I do?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:16 am #49537
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Do you have logging enabled?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:20 am #49539

I have logging enabled, but not additional logging…..

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:21 am #49540
Bruce
Staff Member

I have logging enabled, but not additional logging…..

Thanks for the information. Can you send us a Dashboard login so we can take a look at these logs?

You can do that here:
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let us know when you’ve done that.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:37 am #49546

Ok – submitted….. the ftp server i filled in had a spelling mistake – (just noticed as it was submitting) – it’s missing an ‘o’ – it’ll be obvious where – thanks….

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:41 am #49548
Bruce
Staff Member

Ok – submitted….. the ftp server i filled in had a spelling mistake – (just noticed as it was submitting) – it’s missing an ‘o’ – it’ll be obvious where – thanks….

Got it. I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:44 am #49549
Bruce
Staff Member

I took a look at your logs and the problem here is that s2Member is not receiving any IPN data at all. Can you follow the steps here again, please?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN Integration

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:08 am #49559

I had certainly done these in the past – but I will head in and do them again – Once completed I’ll run a test payment and let you know if it has fixed it – thanks.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:14 am #49561

As I thought – I had already created my IPN Secret Key and pasted it in. The one thing I have NOT done is requested the instant Notification URL. When in clickbank I click to request this – it gives me a warning and asks me to make sure I know about all this extra stuff and also says this is not necessary and to not do it, if i don’t know what I am talking about (which I don’t) – Is it imperative that I complete the request for instant notification URL?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:15 am #49562
Bruce
Staff Member

Is it imperative that I complete the request for instant notification URL?

Yes you must enable this for the IPN to work. Currently you have your key in place, but ClickBank is not sending any data to your server, so it’s not doing anything for you. You have to enable this and have it point to your IPN URL.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:46 am #49563

Bruce! You fixed it – Thanks – I was too worried to admit I knew about all that stuff…. when I didn’t!

Fantastic – thanks….. The email is sending and the login works etc etc….. GREAT – thank you!

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 2:32 am #49566
Bruce
Staff Member

Fantastic – thanks….. The email is sending and the login works etc etc….. GREAT – thank you!

Great, let us know if you have any further problems with this. :-)

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 2:32 am #49567
Bruce
Staff Member

Great, let us know if you have any further problems with this. :-)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.