latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Confused about registration vs. login

Home Forums Community Forum Confused about registration vs. login

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 7:17 am #40546
maryr
Username: maryr

I have hit a road block. When I click on Members Only in my nav bar, it brings up the s2member registration form, which is good for a new user. However, if someone has already registered, how do i bypass this registration form, and take them directly to the member login page?

Thanks for any insight! :)
Mary

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:15 am #40721
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Mary,

As an aside, remember that when you are editing pages in your WordPress dashboard as the administrator, you already have ALL the permissions of all levels and custom capabilities. I use Firefox for my development, and I have Google Chrome at the waiting to be my member/non-member testing platform.

OK, that said – it helped me to read the Quick-Start guide in the website dashboard [s2Member->Quick Start Guide] really carefully. For this case, you will see that the login and registration form is the same form and it’s provided natively by WordPress (and you can customize it with s2Member). If this form comes up, simply enter your login credentials and then s2Member will re-direct you to your Login Welcome page which you have configured.

If you just go through the Quick Start guide step by step and do what it says, you’ll get a solid understanding of how the framework operates and once you’ve got that, you can start customizing and tweaking things.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #40748
Staff Member

I have hit a road block. When I click on Members Only in my nav bar, it brings up the s2member registration form, which is good for a new user. However, if someone has already registered, how do i bypass this registration form, and take them directly to the member login page?

On a default WP installation, the registration form is located here:
/wp-login.php?action=register

The default login page is located here:
/wp-login.php

As Randy mentioned, it’s the same file, but with different actions (i.e. it’s dynamic).

It actually sounds like you might have a problem with your navigation menu displaying incorrect links to Users/Members that are already logged into your site. If consulting with your theme developer does not help, you can try the “Menu Items Visibibility Plugin” (compatible with s2Member®).

You will find it in the list we have here:
Knowledge Base » Plugins/Themes (Compatibility w/ s2Member®)

Related articles for theme developers.
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_login_url
See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_logout_url

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.