latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Consultant to Oversee Configuration

Home Forums Community Forum Consultant to Oversee Configuration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Yanner11 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:49 pm #36191
Yanner11
Username: yanner11

First of all, I want to commend you for creating such a comprehensive plugin. I’m currently testing with the free version, and will most likely purchase the pro license very soon. My question is… I’m knowledgeable enough to use S2member and buddypress to create the membership site that I want for our business, but I’m not confident enough to make all the changes on our live site by myself. Once I have my test site configured to the point where I want, can you recommend any developer who can be paid by the hour to oversee the actual launch on our new site just in case something goes wrong? Also, just having a knowledgeable developer to consult with may help save me hours of researching on my own. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 5:32 am #36235

Hi Millie.

Thanks for the kudos. :)

No, I don’t have a particular developer to recommend, but you can post the job in sites like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com. Have you tried one of those or similar?

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:56 pm #36282
Yanner11

I’ve used guru.com and similar sites before, but it’s just so time-consuming to sift through everyone. I just thought if companies like S2 have personnel that is already so knowledgeable, it’s a no brainer for them to ear extra cash on a small side job for consultation. Thanks though.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 2:58 am #37086
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ Millie Williams

We REALLY appreciate the consideration on this. Just thought I should mention that.

We generally do not take any consultation and/or custom coding projects because it tends to distract us from our main objective, which is to provide good support and product updates for s2Member itself. We’re currently working very hard to improve s2Member overall, so that less consultation and/or custom coding will be required to meet the needs of certain business models that might push the limits of the existing software.

As Cristian mentioned, Elance is a great place to look for professionals that can help with things like this. Guru.com, or jobs.wordpress.net are also great resources of course.

That being said, if by consultation, you mean “Pre-Sales Questions”, this forum would be the appropriate place for that. If there are questions that you have of us, about what s2Member can or cannot accomplish for you, please let us know. We’re all ears :-) And we’ll do the best we can to answer any questions that you have, or offer some advice when applicable.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:51 am #37136
Yanner11

Thanks again. I think you already have a very comprehensive tutorial an support forum. I was able to find someone through jobs.wordpress.net. So, thanks again for the advice.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.