latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content protection not working. Please help

Home Forums Community Forum Content protection not working. Please help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:18 pm #53358

Hi,
I have the free version, and I’m planning to buy the paid one. I have a problem now.

I would like to protect some text from free visitors and I see that I should use the following code

This part of your post can be seen by all users and visitors.
[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
	This section can only be seen for users that are s2Member Level 1
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(s2member_level1)]
	This section can only be seen for users that are s2Member Level 1 or above
[/s2If]

I pasted the text above in a page or post, just for a test, but nothing appears, but just “This part of your post can be seen by all users and visitors.” The rest is invisible, and I can’t see it even as admin

Please help, and thank you in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:33 pm #53404
Eduan
Username: Eduan

That’s strange… Could you please try these common trouble shooting tips: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 3:58 am #53419

I tested tha same code after installing s2member on a different website. Same problem. So it may be a hosting/server problem? What kind of problem?

Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:36 pm #53431
Eduan

It may be a server hosting problem… Could you try the common trouble shooting tips I linked above, especially the server check: http://www.s2member.com/kb/common-troubleshooting-tips/#server

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 4:18 am #53458

thank you for your help but…

After the server test I fixed a little issue, but unfortunately the problem persists. In the issues resutl of the server test I see I should increase the memory, but I don’t think that’s the problem.

I would not want to change membership plugin

It’s amazing I’m the only one facing this problem. It’s a mess :-(

I can’t buy the plugin if i cannot fix this issue

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 2:53 am #53486

solved, the problem was in the code

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 2:16 pm #53521
Eduan

Glad you solved the problem. :)

Just curious, which code? Was it s2Member code? Or not? If it was please say so so I can report it to Jason so that he can fix it. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.