latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contingent Select Menu Fields in Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Contingent Select Menu Fields in Registration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:33 am #51615

I just bought S2Member Pro today, after using the free version for a short while. I want to know how to make fields in the basic registration form that are contingent on previous fields. In other words, the choice one chooses on the first select menu needs to affect what select menu choices they get in the second select menu.

I am making a website for jail wardens across the United States. Basically, in the first select menu, the new user has to choose one of the US states. Then, the next select menu will list all the of the affiliated jails in that state, and the user will need to pick which jail they’re affiliated with. But, I don’t want the user to have to scroll through all 3,000 jails in the entire country. I want them to only see the jails in the particular state that they chose in the previous select menu.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks very much.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 8th, 2013 at 6:13 am #51665

s2Member’s custom profile fields don’t have this functionality. You would need to write your own customization to change the behavior to what you need.

Maybe the second field would need to have all the jails, but using some JavaScript have it show only the options related to the previous field’s value.

If you’re not familiar with how to do this, I suggest that you get a developer to help you from a freelancers site like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.