latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

converting from free to paid memberships

Home Forums Community Forum converting from free to paid memberships

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:01 pm #48805

we currently have a free level and a paid level. i want to manually move some of the free members to paid memberships. I have not been able to find a clear description in the documentation on how to do this. I know I can change the role, but not sure how they input the credit card info, when they are billed, etc. (ie., what happens next).

any assistance is appreciated, thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 10:30 am #48913

If you’re changing the role manually from free to paid, then there wouldn’t be a subscription profile with payment info in the payment gateway.

If you want users to paid for their upgrade, have a subscription button shown to logged in users, and then his account will be upgraded after successful checkout.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 2:39 pm #49142

can logged in users use the same subscription button as a brand new user? I thought it tells you that the username is not valid because it’s already in use?

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 2:26 am #49190
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

can logged in users use the same subscription button as a brand new user? I thought it tells you that the username is not valid because it’s already in use?

With Pro Forms s2Member checks to see if a User is logged in, and will adapt to keep this from happening. However it is recommended (in case of future changes) to use s2Member’s Shortcode Conditionals and Modification Buttons/Pro Forms to have Users that are new, and without an account to use regular Pro Forms, and Members of your site to use Modification Buttons/Pro Forms.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms
See Also: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

As an example, you might do something like the following:

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
// Show your regular PayPal Button/Pro Form
[/s2If]
[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
// Show your Modification Button/Pro Form
[/s2If]
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.