latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Correct Shortcode to use

Home Forums Community Forum Correct Shortcode to use

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 5:21 pm #47434

I need to use a shortcode to allow for a recurring subscription at $20/year with a free registration form for a one year trial, which will be auto-renewed at the end of the term (one year after signing up). Is the below shortcode the correct one to use?

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form ra=”20.00″ register=”1″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”1″ level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”” ta=”0.00″ custom=”example.com” tp=”1″ tt=”Y” captcha=”clean” /]

Also, how would I modify the correct shortcode to make the purchase not auto-renew, so the customer would be notified that their membership was due to expire soon and allow them to renew?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am #47485

That’s a free registration pro-form, so it won’t create a subscription that’ll charge him at the end of the year. For that you’d have to use a level pro-form with a 1 year trial and then the regular payments. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

Also, how would I modify the correct shortcode to make the purchase not auto-renew, so the customer would be notified that their membership was due to expire soon and allow them to renew?

If you just want to allow the free Level 1 registration and then be demoted to Level 0 so they have to start the payments, you can use the free registration pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

But when the EOT is reached, no notification will be sent, that’s not part of s2Member yet. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If you use AWeber or MailChimp, you could add the user to a list where he’ll be sent an email reminder close the end of the year, though. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Server[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:31 am #47494

Thank you, I think that answers my questions. I should be able to use
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API/Notifications to send a expiration notice.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 4:18 am #47591

Thank you, I think that answers my questions.

Great! Glad I could help. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 2:22 pm #47610

Oops! I had some wrong info the first time I posted this topic. My needs are as such:

Customers can visit the site and purchase membership (level 1 @ $20 via authorize.net) that lasts one year. It does NOT auto-renew, but instead demotes them to a free subscriber.

Customers can ALSO visit the site and eventually (through coupon codes) gain access to the SAME membership, but in a free registration form. What is the correct shortcode to use in these scenario? I hate to ask these question, but I feel very confused every time I look at the “Shortcode Attributes Explained” section of s2.

On another related note, are BOTH of these customers, whether through the free/not-free registration form, assigned an EOT? I need a way, as I mentioned, of notifying customers 1 month before their EOT of their upcoming EOT so they can renew.

I plan on using the guide here – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/ – to set up the EOT notifications, but need to know if the EOT’s are assigned/occur for both types of customers.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:59 am #47658

Customers can visit the site and purchase membership (level 1 @ $20 via authorize.net) that lasts one year. It does NOT auto-renew, but instead demotes them to a free subscriber.

Make it a buy-now transaction, not a subscription (even if it’s non-recurring). Trials/initial terms are only possible with subscriptions, even if they don’t recur, keep that in mind.

Subscriptions won’t set an EOT before they end, buy-now transactions will.

Customers can ALSO visit the site and eventually (through coupon codes) gain access to the SAME membership, but in a free registration form.

The pro-form coupon codes don’t work for free acess (i.e. no 100% off). See: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

are BOTH of these customers, whether through the free/not-free registration form, assigned an EOT?

If you sell buy-now for the paid one, yes, right after payment. Not subscriptions, not before it ends.

For the free one, set the time with [hilite mono]tp[/hilite] and [hilite mono]tt[/hilite] attributes. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> tp, tt[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:02 am #47672

Thanks for your reponse Cristián.

Trials/initial terms are only possible with subscriptions, even if they don’t recur, keep that in mind.

What do you mean by this?

The pro-form coupon codes don’t work for free acess (i.e. no 100% off). See: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

I am using my own coupon code system (similar to the one in your response, but much more complex), not s2Member’s. This wasn’t really part of my question (my coupon system is working well for me), just information to help with answering the real question(s) (EOT’s/correct shortcode).

If you sell buy-now for the paid one, yes, right after payment. Not subscriptions, not before it ends.
For the free one, set the time with tp and tt attributes. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> tp, tt

Why/how would I use the tp, tt attributes if it will be a Buy Now form? You said:

Trials/initial terms are only possible with subscriptions, even if they don’t recur, keep that in mind.

P.S. – I’m using Authorize.net (if it makes a difference).

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 4:19 pm #47692

Everything is working great with the paid membership form; the free one however is not working as intended.
Currently the shortcode is:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” custom=”example.com” register=”1″ desc=”$20.00 / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)” cc=”USD” a=”0″ ra=”20.00″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”BN” rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

No EOT is set however. Why is this? I need EOT’s set on users who visit the paid and free form; both need to expire within a year, and both need the EOT for my EOT notification to work.

In addition to the lack of an EOT notification if no EOT is set, how will a user be demoted if their is no EOT?
As the functionality should be the same whether the user registered with the paid or free form, I am using the same shortcode in both scenarios, with the exception of the free form having register=”0″

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:06 am #47776

What do you mean by this?

That if you want to sell a membership giving a trial term (ta, tp, tt), it’ll only be possible with a subscription (rr=”1″), even if it’s a single payment and not recurring (rr=”0″). For the EOT time to be set immediately, it can only be done with a buy-now transaction (rr=”BN”), which doesn’t allow trial terms. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

Why/how would I use the tp, tt attributes if it will be a Buy Now form?

I was talking about the free registration pro-form to set an EOT time, not the payment one.

P.S. – I’m using Authorize.net (if it makes a difference).

Sorry, I wrote the path to the free registration pro-form, although you’re using Auhorize.Net. In reality the free registration pro-form is independent of the payment gateway, so both work, but it becomes confusing if I point to the PayPal pro-forms section when you’re using Auth.Net. I edited my post to fix that.

Everything is working great with the paid membership form; the free one however is not working as intended.
Currently the shortcode is:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” custom=”example.com” register=”1″ desc=”$20.00 / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)” cc=”USD” a=”0″ ra=”20.00″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”BN” rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

That’s not a free registration pro-form. This is a correct one for 1 year at Level 1:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Signup now for free!" custom="yoursite.com" tp="1" tt="Y" captcha="clean" /]

Use this generator for the free registration pro-form: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:55 am #47780

Cristián,

I feel like we are going in circles here, sorry that we keep misunderstanding each other :)

Let me try to sum up what I need again:

I need two types of membership:
1. Paid Membership @ $20, NOT recurring, for Level 1.
2. Free Form for the above membership, same rights (level 1).

I need BOTH memberships to set an EOT. Otherwise I fail to see how a user, free or paid, will be demoted as set in my Auto-EOT behavior settings (which demotes them to a free user).

The user also needs an EOT for my notification emails to work correctly (as they are based on a user having an EOT).

I am also confused by the term “trial term”. I don’t need a trial term (I especially don’t want a subscription considering that subscriptions don’t register an EOT). I just need a free version of the paid membership form that will give the user the exact same rights, level, and EOT as a paid member gets.

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 8:27 am #47869

Sorry about the confusion with the non-recurring subscription, I just explained it because it’s commonly mistaken by site owners with the Buy Now single payment and then wonder why no EOT time was set immediately.

The Buy Now transaction will set an EOT time immediately, as will the free registration pro-form if you use the tt and tp attributes. Have you tried these shortcodes?

Free: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Signup now for free!" custom="example.com" tp="1" tt="Y" captcha="clean" /]

Paid: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Membership Level 1 Forms[/hilite]

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$20.00 / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)" cc="USD" custom="example.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="20.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /] 

Try those. Remember to use the correct value for the [hilite mono]custom[/hilite] attribute, as is given by the generator in your installation, please.

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 9:00 am #47873

Thanks Cristián! I just tried those and it looks like they’ve worked! the s2_auto_eot_time gets set, as well as s2_eot_notify_date, and the user’s level is s2member_level1!

:)

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 6:52 am #47981

That’s very good. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.