latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Corrupted Zip Files – Tried All of the Fixes

Home Forums Community Forum Corrupted Zip Files – Tried All of the Fixes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ekarma (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 11:15 am #60064

So, I offer some zipped files as downloads for my subscribers but they are all complaining that when they download them they can’t unzip the files because they are corrupted. I’ve read that this might be a problem and added lines in my .htaccess and s2member hacks php file that were suggested, but it’s still happening. I ran across this thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/protected-pdfs-downloading-corrupt/

In it, Jason changed a line in:
/s2member/classes/files-in.inc.php

“Because the server was ignoring all of s2Member’s attempts to disable GZIP during the delivery of a PHP-based file download. Even the .htaccess rule is being ignored.”

How can I test to see if my server is behaving the same way? I don’t want to start messing around with the php scripts if I don’t have to.

Thanks so much for your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:52 pm #60204

Hi Tim,

I recommend contacting your web host about this, as it could be a server-side configuration that is causing this.

If you want to look at what’s going on behind the scenes, I recommend using wget or curl to retrieve one of the download URLs and looking at the headers.

If you want to try making the change to /s2member/classes/files-in.inc.php, just make sure to backup the original file so you can easily revert to the original if you screw something up.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.