latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon codes with Paypal Express Checkout?

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon codes with Paypal Express Checkout?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 12:12 pm #15182
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

OK, I read here in support that I can setup coupon codes and then allow users to use them by “contacting” Paypal and telling them I want to use Express Checkout.

I setup a coupon code in s2. I then added a Paypal button but when I goto checkout, I don’t see anywhere to enter the coupon code? I called Paypal to make sure Express Checkout is enabled, but it looks like this is just done by getting the API key (which I have done already and entered into s2)? Further the support rep told me there is no way to enter coupon codes into Paypal express checkout or any other solution. She said this is done outside of Paypal. She also referred me to x.com for help integrating.

Can someone point me on what I am supposed to do to get my coupon code available to be entered when checking out?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 12:40 am #15238

Hi Jim.

s2Member’s coupons are not handled by PayPal, they’re used in the s2Member pro-form.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Coupon Code Configuration File[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

What you may have read is that one could use the pro-form to make coupon use possible, without having to get PayPal Pro, using Express Checkout instead. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:53 pm #15566

Cristián, how do I offer, for example, 50% for the first 6 months, and then the price goes to normal?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:28 pm #15620

You can only do that if you charge the first 6 months in one payment as the initial term of your subscription. In that case, you can apply the 50% coupon to just the trial amount using the [hilite mono]ta-only[/hilite] parameter, the coupons panel has an example you can see.

I know it’s not ideal to charge 6 months in one go, but PayPal doesn’t have a way to have a certain subscription price for a number of payments and then change to another price.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.