latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create an exception of an URI-restriction?

Home Forums Community Forum Create an exception of an URI-restriction?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:11 pm #20546
Dorina Harre
Username: dorina

Hi all,

I would like to restrict the buddypress uri /friends/ to paid members only, except the own profile. If I add the URI /friends/ it will redirect free user also when they try to see their own friends, their friend requests etc…

I would like to add an URI restriction, lets say like this: /members/%%all-except-my-profile%%/friends/

Any idea how to do something like that?

regards,

Dorina

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:27 pm #20547
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dorina,

Not sure you can do exceptions, or like you said “all except my profile”. s2Member doesn’t really work with a whitelist or exceptions, it only works with blacklist, in other words, you can only block and not make an exception.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:15 am #29755

A whitelist would be a very nice feature! I’m in the same situation now: creating a member forum where almost everything is restricted, but I would like a few pages, perhaps a post category etc. open to everyone so that I can tell them what a membership does and give them access to a few news etc.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 10:50 am #29793
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Aleksander,

I believe this has been said to Jason before, and I believe it is in the to-do list. Don’t take my word for it though. ;)

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.