latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create Free Registration Then Custom Redirec

Home Forums Community Forum Create Free Registration Then Custom Redirec

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  James Hollis 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #19402

Hi

Im in a direct need to have the users register with the site first, then redirect them to a custom URL.
How can i do this.. i tried the paypal pro form free registration but it does not have anyway for me to
redirect them to a URL after success.. how can I make this work.

Thanks
Ricky

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:52 pm #19404

I tried the success=”http://www……” in the short code.. and ita not working. I need to deal with this fast so how do i make this work?

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:00 pm #19406

I even tried.. making a template page with a wp_redirect and putting success=”/my-redirect/” it just logs me into the members area under my profile page. How do i modify this behavior

Thanks

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:06 pm #19407

http://www.s2member.com/kb/how-to-create-a-registration-thank-you-page/

this does not work what im trying to say.. it redirects me to members area.. not what I put in my success url
or the redirect_to inside the hack….

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:12 pm #19410

Its redirecting to this

http://xxx.com/members/?page_id=0

How do i stop this from happening. Its totally ignoring the success= attribute.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:57 pm #19417

OK im really at the point of frustration here (I figured out why the success variable didnt redirect). BUT IN a normal s2 flow this works

sales page -> payment -> registration -> Auto Login -> Upsell -> members area

And it upgrades the account properly from LEVEL 1 to LEVEL 2

add_action(‘ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration’, ‘s2_auto_login_after_registration’);
function s2_auto_login_after_registration($vars = array()) {
if (!is_admin() && $vars[‘processed’] === ‘yes’) {
wp_new_user_notification($vars[‘user_id’], $vars[‘pass’]);
wp_set_auth_cookie($vars[‘user_id’], false, is_ssl());
c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_redirects::login_redirect($vars[‘login’]);
}
}

This seems to be the code that tells subsr-modify how to find the account

wp_new_user_notification($vars[‘user_id’], $vars[‘pass’]);
wp_set_auth_cookie($vars[‘user_id’], false, is_ssl());

NOW

I need it to be

sales page -> free registration -> payment -> upsell -> members area.

I’m using the PayPal pro forms, to do the FREE registration, but then when it redirects to the payment
it treats it as a NEW user! Its NOT finding the current logged in user on return and im unsure WHY. Can you
please advise here

Ricky

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:46 am #19478
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ricky,

Two questions:

1) Did you make sure that the Payment Form you’re redirecting to after free registration is a Billing Modification form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) and *not* a regular Level form? You *must* use the Billing Modification form for s2Member to recognize the logged in user and upgrade their account after purchase.

2) Can you confirm the user is being automatically logged in after free registration? If the user isn’t logged in after registering, any signups will be treated as new users.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:57 am #19515

I have no idea if this is relevant to this situation, however, I had issues with the profile information not populating the Pro Forms when there were other forms on the same page.

My solution was to check the user’s member level and then direct them to a separate page containing the pro form that applied to that level.

Cheers,

Jim

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.