latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create GUI for registered members

Home Forums Community Forum Create GUI for registered members

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  The Golden Warriors of Light 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 1:28 am #49342

Hi

I wanted to create a custom UI page for all the users who are registered using s2 member, this could be a kind of a profile page in which if they are logged in then they get the option to edit the details and if they are a visitor then they can see it as a Profile page.

Please some one advice how can i do this using s2 member and also i wanted to display all the registered members on one page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
Saurav.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 6:34 pm #49407
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Saurav,

I’m afraid this isn’t possible yet with s2Member. The part where the user himself can see his own profile and modify it, that’s possible. But the part where users can see another user’s profile, that’s not possible without modifying s2Member to allow this.

In other words, you need to custom code this in yourself in order for s2Member to behave this way.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 4:00 am #49574

Hello Eduan

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, i really appreciate the help, but do you have any article or links that could guide me as to we can modify to get this results, if not then to your knowledge do you have any other plugins that can help me achieve this.

Will look forward towards your reply,

Thanks & Regards
Saurav Jaiswal

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 6:51 pm #49712
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Saurav,

We don’t have any articles on how to achieve this.

However, there are plugins that allow you to see other users’ profiles. You can search WordPress for “users profiles” see if you get anything that works for you. Otherwise you can just change the search terms. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 9:21 am #49736

Greetings Saurav,

I’m not entirely sure if this is what you’re after, but it is completely possible to build an Account Profile, Membership Area or User Profile using s2Member.

My method requires the use of a new page template within your WordPress Installation, and some Php Knowledge, but nothing to tricky as all of the information can be found in the s2Member Scripting Section.

<?php if (S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL >= 0){ ?>

<p><strong>Account Username:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_LOGIN; ?></p> 

<p><strong>Account Email Address:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_EMAIL; ?></p>

<p><strong>Account Registered:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_REGISTRATION_DAYS; ?> Days ago</p>

<p><strong>Account ID Number:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ID; ?></p>

<p><strong>Member Name:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIRST_NAME; ?> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_LAST_NAME; ?></p>

<p><strong>Membership Level:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LABEL; ?></p>

<p><strong>Membership ID Number:</strong> <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_SUBSCR_ID; ?></p>	

<?php } else if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL === -1){ ?>

<!-- Redirect users who are not logged in, to the Login Page -->

<script type="text/javascript">
		window.location = 'http://www.example.com/login/';
	</script>

<?php } ?>

This is just a sample of our membership page. From this page, people can see their account information, and we simply add a HTML Input Button with an Popup Window that allows them to edit that information in the default s2Member Profile Editing Page, when you set it up.

I hope this goes some way to showing you, that by a little bit of Php (or some Shortcode could do the same trick) you’ll be able to display content specifically for certain users.

Note; The little Javascript at the end just redirects anyone who isn’t logged in, onto the Login Page, so only those with Accounts, and thusly only those who’ve filed their information with us, can access the page.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.