latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create links in bp profile fields

Home Forums Community Forum Create links in bp profile fields

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Matthew Neidenberg 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 9:24 pm #42009

Hi, hopefully this is just a quick question…

I am using s2m pro with buddypress. All three boxes are checked in the user profile fields buddypress integration in s2mem – general options – registration profile fields

My question is, how can I get some of these fields to show up as hyperlinks in the buddypress front end for the users. For instance, if one of the fields is “website” and I force people to use the “Full URL” as the expected format; this needs to display to the public as a hyperlink that goes to their website (preferably opening in another window). Same thing would apply to a field titled “email”

How can I do this? Would it be something I put in the unique ID field or other attributes?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:05 am #42255
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

It sounds like you need to use the s2Get Shortcode function here. You can grab info for your Custom Profile/Registration Fields this way in any Post/Page.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 2:31 pm #42308

ummm,
I could be wrong but… I don’t think this would work unless I can put conditionals in the “other atributes” or “unique ID” section when I make a profile field. If so, what would the conditional look like?

With buddypress you cannot actually edit each persons profie like you would edit a page/post. (even if you could, this would be an impossible task to do for thousands of members)

When a member signs up, they fill out their profile fields that I made with s2mem. A couple of these profile fields, when displayed to the general public, need to be linkable to outside websites or emails.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #42635
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I could be wrong but… I don’t think this would work unless I can put conditionals in the “other atributes” or “unique ID” section when I make a profile field. If so, what would the conditional look like?

I’m sorry. It escaped my mind that you were using the BuddyPress profile here. I’m not sure how you could achieve this. It seems to me that you would need to edit the BuddyPress template here to achieve this. I would recommend asking in the BuddyPress forums for info on how you could achieve this. s2Member’s integration with BuddyPress does not stretch this far.

See: BuddyPress Forums

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:36 am #42782

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.
I’ll try the buddypress forums.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.