latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create S2 Protected login page

Home Forums Community Forum Create S2 Protected login page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:50 pm #18216

Hello,

We need to create a login on our homepage using S2member.

We currently have a login using a “Sidebar Login” plugin, but inner pages
are not protected.

How can we do this with S2member?
http://stateoftheagency.com

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:08 am #18266

Hi Derek.

We currently have a login using a “Sidebar Login” plugin, but inner pages are not protected.

What do you mean? The login widget doesn’t protect pages.

We need to create a login on our homepage using S2member.

s2Member Pro has a login widget, which you can also include using PHP to your page. It’s explained here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

I hope it helps!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #18311

Hi Christian,

I’ve come up with a simple solution – redirect the main url to the S2 login page through my web host.

But, the S2 login page design options are not enough for us, the logo and footer options don’t align with the background images like we need.

We see S2 pulls css from WordPress, we when we update WP, we’ll have to re-add code.

Is there an easy way to attach our CSS stylesheet to the S2 login page?

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 4:13 am #18362

I don’t know about customizing the login page, I guess there are several hacks you could find with Google. But I think the default login page is very bad to begin with, so it’s hard to get right.

My choice would be to create a custom login page using the s2Member Pro login widget via PHP in a regular WP page, and then use htaccess to redirect anyone from the default wp-login.php to the new page. Then it’d look like the rest of the site without trouble.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.