latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Creating links in BP profile fields

Home Forums Community Forum Creating links in BP profile fields

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 11:05 pm #43077

Hi, hopefully this is just a quick question…

I am using s2m pro with buddypress. All three boxes are checked in the user profile fields buddypress integration in s2mem – general options – registration profile fields

My question is, how can I get some of these fields to show up as hyperlinks in the buddypress front end for the users. For instance, if one of the fields is “website” and I force people to use the “Full URL” as the expected format in the s2mem profile fields; this needs to display to the public as a hyperlink that goes to their website (preferably opening in another window). Same thing would apply to a field titled “email”

How can I do this? Would it be something I put in the unique ID field or other attributes when I’m creating the s2mem profile field?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:47 am #44205
Poirot
Username: poirot

Just adding a reply so I can subscribe to this topic, I want to know the answer as well, since this is exactly my question.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 10:42 am #44363
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Matthew,

I believe in order to achieve this you would need to modify BuddyPress in order to display these specially, make it recognize them by field ID and display them differently or something.

Poirot, you can subscribe to it without making a post. You can click the “Subscribe” link to the top-right of the first post. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.