latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Credit towards subscriptions?

Home Forums Community Forum Credit towards subscriptions?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:40 am #41297
Janell V
Username: janellv

I am creating a news site where I hope individuals will submit news. I would like them to get credit for each news that is published with their name. Then I would like to credit them $1 towards their subscription for each credit they have. Can this do anything like that?

Thanks,
Janell

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #41445
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

No, s2Member currently cannot support this functionality. You’d need to add this in with Custom Code to get this to work correctly.

I’d recommend using a user_option value to store this. Like this:

update_user_option('user_current_credits', /* However many credits they should have */ 4);

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_user_option

You could then use this value with some processes on your Membership Options Page to dynamically set the price of your package.

See: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

That’s about as far as we can go with custom code. If you need further assistance, we recommend http://jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.