latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ASU Service 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:29 pm #34955

Hi Folks,
This is a extension of this post …
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/two-questions-and-a-suggestion/

I am finally trying to apply the customer capabilities and have run into an issue.

I believe I have it configured and working but if I set a page to multiple Custom Capabilities no one can access the page.

I have enter ardev,arwl in one of the pages so buyers of those items can both access the page but it just doesn’t work … neither level can get in.

If I put just one of them it works fine.

Any suggestions.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:02 am #35006
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi there,

It sounds like you’re wanting to make the specific page available for 2 custom capabilities. Is that correct?

This is not how s2Member’s restriction works. Putting 2 different custom capabilities in the field to protect the post will make it so that users need BOTH custom capabilities to view the page. Instead, try using Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals to display content based on the user’s ccaps, or protect the page with 1 custom capability and give all users that should have access to the post that ccap.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:19 am #35074

I was leaning the way Bruce … thanks so much for confirming that’s the way to do it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.