latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom capabilities and specific post/pages

Home Forums Community Forum Custom capabilities and specific post/pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 8:07 pm #8062

Is there any way to associate custom capabilities with specific post/page access? This feels like a stupid question, but if I undersand custom capabilities correctly, ccpas are assigned to a USER (NOT specific posts/pages as I had mistakenly thought). I think this makes them very tricky to use to control specific post/page access.

I want to figure this out so that I can use a free registration form to grant access to specific pages which are already restricted by specific post/page buttons. [I know this sounds weird but there’s a good reason!] I can’t use levels because they will create a weird conflict for the users who purchased specific post/page access already.

This is an attempt at a workaround to “sell” specific post/page access for free on a free registration form, which it does not appear to currently allow (only ccaps).

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:00 am #8099
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.