latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities for 48 hours

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities for 48 hours

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:39 am #42580
Peter G
Username: eLunatic

Hello Folks!

I just recently bought s2Member Pro for the custom capabilities feature.
I intend to sell different posts/pages (around 300 of them) for different prizes, but make them only accessable for 48 hours.

This would work fine for different membership levels, but for some reason, it is impossible to let a ccap expire.

The specific Post/Page Buy Now feature comes in handy, but does not solve anything.

So is it possible somehow to let the ccap expire, will it be made possible in the next release, or did I just bought the wrong Plugin?

Kind regards,

Peter G.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:01 am #42584
Peter G
Username: eLunatic

aaaaaah, i just found something:

i can couple ccaps with a membership level 1 for example.
let the membership level expire after 48 hours, and when the user gets demoted to level 0, all ccaps are deleted – right?

but what if one day, a customer buys a post X for 48 hours, recieves level 1 and the ccap_X and buys another post_Y the next day: will the 48h countdown reset or continue?

it would be fine with me, if it would be reset.

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:32 am #42688

Hi Peter.

i can couple ccaps with a membership level 1 for example.
let the membership level expire after 48 hours, and when the user gets demoted to level 0, all ccaps are deleted – right?

Yes, by default the EOT demotion will remove all ccaps too.

but what if one day, a customer buys a post X for 48 hours, recieves level 1 and the ccap_X and buys another post_Y the next day: will the 48h countdown reset or continue?

Right, if the person purchases Level 1 again, the EOT will be reset. If you’re doing buy-now transactions, then make sure this setting is not set to extend, or it’ll add the new time to what was left, instead of resetting it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions (Auto-Extend)? [/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.