latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities question

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ginger Cross 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 5th, 2013 at 9:06 pm #49248
NESGS.org
Username: nesgs.org

I just installed the Ajax Event Calendar WordPress Plugin and would like at add the ability for certain users to add and edit events. According to the above mentioned plugin website FAQs I should do the following:

•First, install a Capabilities/Roles management plugin to your blog, such as Members
•Next, based on your needs assign any/all of the capabilities listed below, to existing or new custom roles.
◦Users assigned the aec_add_events capability can edit and delete events they create by clicking on events in the administrative calendar page.

So if I’m understanding this correctly, I should assign aec_add_events to those individuals I would like to be able to add to and edit the calendar events. Is this something I can accomplish using Custom Capabilities? If so, would the process be similar to the one outlined in Jason’s video series? If not, can you help me understand the best method to accomplish this through S2.

Thank you in advance for your expertise!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:03 am #52817

I am also having this problem. Did you find a solution to this or is there anyone who has? I downloaded “User Role Editor” but it seems to be having a conflict with S2Member. Help would be appreciated!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.