latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities section

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities section

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 5:59 pm #49884
Neer
Username: neerz

I have read almost all the custom capabilities posts so far but I dint get the answer of one silly question

Optional. This is VERY advanced.
See: s2Member -› API Scripting -› Custom Capabilities.

*ADVANCED TIP: You can specifiy a list of Custom Capabilities that will be (Added) with this purchase. Or, you could tell s2Member to (Remove All) Custom Capabilities that may or may not already exist for a particular Member, and (Add) only the new ones that you specify. To do this, just start your list of Custom Capabilities with `-all`.

So instead of just (Adding) Custom Capabilities:
music,videos,archives,gifts

You could (Remove All) that may already exist, and then (Add) new ones:
-all,calendar,forums,tools

Or to just (Remove All) and (Add) nothing:
-all

How to add those sections in wordpress? Is that category (gifts, calendar etc)?
What if I want to add certain pages to a membership level and other pages for another membership level?
What if I want to create level 2 but I dont want it to see the level 1 stuff?

Ok here is the full scene:

I have a website with membership level 1 but now I want to add another thing in same website and monetize it. But I want both of those things separate from each other. The person will see dedicated stuff on login. Is this possible?

Also, is it possible to have different welcome pages?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 5:39 am #49936

How to add those sections in wordpress? Is that category (gifts, calendar etc)?

Custom capabilities are not categories. This video will help understand them better: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

What if I want to create level 2 but I dont want it to see the level 1 stuff?

Knowledge Base » Levels without incremental access

Also, is it possible to have different welcome pages?

In the page you chose for the Login Welcome, you can use conditionals to show different things based on the level/access. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.