latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom capabilities without changing php?

Home Forums Community Forum Custom capabilities without changing php?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Agneta Lundström 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 4:58 am #46880

I’m trying to avoid hacking the functions.php.

So here’s the problem:
I’ve got posts that I want limited by custom capabilities. So I tried writing the custom capability in the field beside the post. I created two members one with this custom capabilty and one without. When the posts are listed both members see the post. If you click it and choose to see only that one post s2 redirects to membership options page. Is there any way that I can make it invisible to members with the wrong ccap without breaking into the functions.php file?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:30 am #47011
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there any way that I can make it invisible to members with the wrong ccap without breaking into the functions.php file?

Do you have Alternative View Protection enabled? That should do what you’re wanting.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:23 am #47021

I found that one, but I can still se links to the posts at the bottom of the page pointing to older or newer posts. I can’t see the post, but I don’t want the links to be visible either. If I choose to have the latest comments visible in the sidebar you can also see a link to the post. Ideas of how to get it to hide the posts completely.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:27 am #47025
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Ideas of how to get it to hide the posts completely.

Sorry to hear it’s not working for you. We still have Alternative View Protection in experimental state, so hopefully we can fix this issue in the future. Unfortunately the only way I see now to handle this is to edit your theme’s functionality. :-\

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:31 am #47026

I will try to fix it with the theme. Thanks anyway!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.