latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:12 pm #7913
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi All, I’ve been reading up on the Custom Capabilities as I may need it for a new client and I just wanted to double check I’ve grasped it correctly as I’m not sure I have…

Basically what I need to be able to do is:
– Allow members to sign up for package 1, 2, 3 OR 4 (easy)
– Allow members to sign up for access to all packages (again, easy)
– And allow members to sign up for any combination of packages, ie 1 & 2, or 1, 2 & 4…

Could I achieve the last one with the custom capabilities? By setting their access to individual pages of information based on their choice(say from a drop down) during registration??

Any guidance on the best way to do this would be appreciated!

Cheers :)

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 4:20 pm #7919
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Zoe, thanks for your inquiry.

Yes this is possible with custom capabilities, they are independent of each other, allowing you to do this.

Does this answer your question?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 1:04 am #8084

Zoe, you can do that with Custom Capabilities, but there isn’t yet an interface to let the user pick them.

This article may be useful:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #8279
Epix Media

hmm.. I’m slightly confused… so how would I go about letting someone choose any combination of options and only giving them access to those selected? Would I need to set up a form for each eventuality?

Zoe

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:12 pm #8312

No, you’d have a two step process: The user would get a form with the options to pick what he wants, that gets submitted to the page where you have the button/pro-form, and the shortcode for it would use the variables it got from the previous form (the one with the options).

Does that help?

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 7:14 am #8352
Epix Media

Yes, I think I get it now! I’ll let you know if I get stuck when I come to implement it!

Thank you :)

Zoe

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #8403

Cool. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.