latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Fields changing in new release

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Fields changing in new release

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:51 am #11936
Iaeon
Username: SRAAdmin

Hi

Over a month ago I posted about the difficulties with s2member when there is a large amount of data in custom fields, particularly given the way everything is stored in the present version. (See wp_usermeta constraints post from the 15th March). At the time the reply was that the way custom fields were stored was being reviewed, and a change might make it into the next release? I am wondering if there is an update on this as I really need to make some final decisions on handling additional member data. Any E.T.A. would also be much appreciated. (OK I know it’s ready when it works, but anything you are able to say would be helpful in reaching a decision this end!)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #12082

I don’t have an exact date, I’m sorry. I could guesstimate, but last time I did that I was off and I rather not make that mistake again. It’s coming and Jason is mostly just working on that alone, so progress is being made fast. When we have a more definite release date, we’ll make it known. Thanks for your patience! :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:19 am #12151
Iaeon

Hi – Not to worry re not wanting to say when the release will be. Are you though able to say if it will include a new way of handling custom fields?

My quandry is if it is worth trying to get the large amount of custom field data and kind of sophistication I am looking for built on the present system. I would rather not as the way the custom field data is presently stored does not lend itself to easy querying and if it is about to change anyway…

So any info on if new custom field handling will be included or not will help me to decide what to do even if a release date is not yet clear.

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 1:42 pm #12165

Ah, yes, it’ll change massively. A lot of work is going into that to make the fields much easier to handle and more powerful. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 4:56 am #12353
Iaeon

Excellent news – breath bated in anticipation. Hopefully will not become too oxygen deprived in waiting for this release!

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 5:05 am #12354

hahaha :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.