latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Fields During Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Fields During Registration

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 4:14 pm #5053

Does s2member currently have the functionality to require custom fields during the initial registration process?

It seems the JS error validation is only used on custom fields during profile modification of an already registered user. Whereas the registration form doesn’t check for custom fields designated as “Required”.

If this is currently not possible, is it being considered for a future update?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #5096
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

Interesting. What you’ve described is already built-in. Any Custom Registration/Profile Fields that you configure as “required”, should be validated by s2Member during the initial registration.

It’s possible that you have a JavaScript error being introduced somewhere else on your site, which might be affecting s2Member’s ability to validate this input. Have you taken a look at your site in Firebug to check this? If not, please post a URL to your checkout form so we can have a look :-)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 1:54 pm #5235

Since you mentioned that the behavior I was looking for was already there, I went back and took a closer look at what was happening. The script was throwing an exception on the ‘first’ method call, stating it didn’t exist. Some research led me to find out that ‘first’ wasn’t added to jQuery until 1.4, which then led me to find out that the previous developer had deregistered the jQuery library that comes with WP and loaded up ver. 1.3.2 as a part of the Google Analytics implementation.

So I removed that all is well again. I haven’t checked to see if running 1.7.1 is going to impact anything else, but if it does I can always register a lower version.

Are there any known issues running jQuery v1.7.1 with s2Member?

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:30 am #6057
Staff Member

So sorry for abandoning you in this thread.
~ It was not intentional. We had some issues during site
launch and some tickets were buried by mistake. The issue has now been corrected.

Are there any known issues running jQuery v1.7.1 with s2Member?

None that I’m aware of, no.
s2Member has been fully tested in WordPress v3.3.1, and it ships with jQuery v1.7.1.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 12:00 pm #6279

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t seen any issues since going to v1.7.1, so thanks for the help!

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:18 pm #6623
Staff Member

Closing this topic, thank you VERY much for the follow-up :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.