latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Fields within Pro-Forms?

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Fields within Pro-Forms?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #29716

Hello,

I’ve got S2Member Pro on a site with SSL and Authorize.net integration. We have several “product” forms generated by the “Authorize.net Pro-Forms”.

I may be missing something here, but I just can’t seem to figure this out. So, I understand that if one goes to s2Member –> General Options –> “Registration / Profile Fields & Options” –> “Custom Registration Profile Fields” you can click “add new field” and create a new custom registration field.

However, this only shows up on the Registration Form. I need custom fields directly in my Pro-Forms.

Particularly regular text fields and one check box that I can add an html link next to, all required fields.

Am I missing something (shortcodes?) or is this even possible?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:45 am #29781

Hi Tobias.

Those fields will show up in the pro-forms too, when the user is not logged in, so the pro-form works as a registration form too. If the user is logged in, no registration will happen, and the profile fields aren’t shown.

I hope that helps understand the behavior. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:39 pm #29863

Ok, I see now. Thank you.

I have another question, as related to custom fields.

I want to have a checkbox that must be checked for the form to be submitted, with text next to it that will contain a link to a page or popup with the terms and conditions. If this is possible, great, if not I’ll just include a TOC page before my product pro-forms pages.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:41 pm #29884
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tobias,

Check out this article on how to achieve that you mention:
Knowledge Base » Force Terms & Conditions agreement

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:43 pm #30283

Got it. So, for anyone else who may be trying to do this, this is how I did it.

I first created a required check-box field in custom profiles / registration fields. Then in the options for that field, in the Field Label/Desc line, I added:

By clicking this box you agree to our <a href="http://www.mywebsite.com/terms/terms.html?iframe=true&width=600&height=500" rel="prettyPhoto[iframes]">Term and Conditions.</a>

So, it’s a lightbox ( I was using PrettyPhoto) style popup to an iframe containing a straight up html page with the the terms and conditions text. Just create a simple html page and upload to your server. I considered writing a totally blank wordpress page template file for the terms text, but nah…

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 9:24 am #30312
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Great! Thanks for sharing your solution. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.