latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Membership Options Pages?!

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Membership Options Pages?!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 8:55 am #30630
Peter G
Username: eLunatic

Hey guys!

i’ve been reading here a lot already, and the main thing i understood is:

“everything i want, will actualy be able with s2member”

but it leaves me with one question though:

if i am selling 145 movies one by one, each and everyone is a different post and should be bought separately (no abonements)…
but as soon as the customer wants to buy anything, he will be redirected to THE (one and only) membership options page, which will feature a huge list of 145 items with the corresponding paypal buttons.

right?

or will he click on one of the movies, and see a custom billing page for this movie in particular?
no scrolling up or down to find the item, that he already chose to buy?

so… HUGE UNCANNY list – or custom and neat page for every product?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Peter G.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:13 pm #30651
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Peter,

You’re right in that behaviour, however, you can configure this if I’m not mistaken, with MOP vars. Which give the membership options page info on why the user was sent there, and you can configure it accordingly.

You can check out MOP vars here: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 1:22 am #30739

Peter, you can go about it in different ways. One is what Eduán said, customizing the Membership Options page’s content with conditionals that use the MOP variables. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Or, instead of protecting the whole page with the video, causing the redirection, you can just protect the actual content with a conditional that checks for the custom capability required for that video. Then you’d show the video if the person has the access, or show the sales copy with the order button if he doesn’t. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.