latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom PayPal and 'Submit form' buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Custom PayPal and 'Submit form' buttons

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 12:16 pm #15065

Hi,
I would like to change the standard checkout PayPal button to and custom giff. The standard PayPal button is very small. I would also like to charge the ‘Submit Form’ button – ideally edit the text and add my own css.

I’ve looked through lots of files (php/js) but can’t find the correct location to make the changes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My current page is https://www.diyprobateforms.co.uk/order-now-secure/?s2-ssl=yes

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 11:34 pm #15119

Hi Phil.

I’m afraid that the PayPal Express Checkout button can’t be changed, it’s part of PayPal’s terms.

Nice customization of the pro-form. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:35 pm #16138

Hi Cristián,

I understand that the PayPal button can’t be changed, that’s absolutely fine!

But the ‘submit form’ button when a customer selects a payment method other than PayPal is ugly and is a real eyesore compared to the rest of the design of our site!

How can I change this? Seriously… it needs to be changed!!

Cheers
Steve

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #16144

Hello again…

OK, I have managed to find the CSS to edit the look of the button, but placing a background image on the button also places it on the PayPal button. Is there any way to distinguish the two? I couldn’t see any – the CSS path looks identical to me.

More important is to be able to change the value of the button from ‘Submit Form’ to ‘Buy now’ but no matter what I try I can’t get this to work.

I’ve tried overriding the templates – no joy!

I’ve tried editing the templates in the actual code base – no joy!

I’ve eventually discovered that the value is coded into the Javascript file. Is this why all my efforts have been fruitless?

Please advise…

Thanks
Steve

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 2:58 pm #16147

Ahhh… found the post about the correct CSS selector to use to distinguish the PayPal button from the styled ‘Submit Form’ button:

input#s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-submit[type = "submit"],
input#s2member-pro-paypal-sp-checkout-submit[type = "submit"],
input#s2member-pro-authnet-checkout-submit[type = "submit"],
input#s2member-pro-authnet-sp-checkout-submit[type = "submit"]
   {
      /* Styles go here. */
   }

So, all I really need is some guidance on how to change the actual text from ‘Submit Form’ to ‘Buy Now’

Is this possible please?

Cheers
Steve

P.s. Why is this so difficult to find?

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:44 pm #16155

Hello again,

It seems there is a similar issue with the ‘Save All Changes’ button on the User Profile Edit page created using the shortcode [s2Member-Profile /]

Please could you also advise on how I would go about changing the text for this button too.

Thans very much
Steve

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:38 am #16232

Hi Steve.

This post by Jason will help you understand how the text can be changed using the translation feature: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/removing-your-css-styles-and-your-oops-text/#post-15849

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:54 am #16237

Yes that helps! Thank you!

Excruciatingly difficult to find, actually, I didn’t find it despite hours of searching, perhaps something to consider for the documentation?

Cheers
Steve

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:26 pm #16329

I’m glad it helps! :)

Yeah, I know, we’re improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.