latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom PayPal Button – Multiple $ Values

Home Forums Community Forum Custom PayPal Button – Multiple $ Values

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:12 am #14263

I have managed to get to the very end of my project using all the great support tools / docs you guys have but have been snagged on a key piece of functionality I need for my site in terms of the PayPal Button Subscription Payments.

What I need to Accomplish:
I need to have a button which give my users 3 days access for $1, then after that ‘trial period’ charges them $29.95 as a ‘one off payment’, then as a recurring Monthly Payment charges them $9.95 to access a One specific subscription level.

My Problem:
The functionality in s2members admin area only allows me to do a 3 day access for $1, then charge them a single amount ongoing – where I need to charge a larger amount upfront, then a smaller amount ongoing.

I will be eternally in your debt if anyone can let me know how to do this!

Look forward to hearing the input. Need any more details just ask. Thanks guys!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:50 am #14278

Hi David.

I’m glad you’re liking s2Member! :)

About the problem, the s2Member shortcode doesn’t handle more than one initial period, and this was a PayPal limitation, but I’ve recently visited the button creation form over at PayPal.com and noticed that it now has a 2nd initial period. You could try creating the button there, following the instructions in this thread so it integrates with s2Member. Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope that helps!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 2:35 am #14287

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for you quick response mate. I did see that extra ‘trial period’ allowance in the paypal site when I was playing around with the buttons… and you know what? I didn’t even click that I use it in that way!

I’ve created a button and ‘theoretically’ it does exactly what I need it to do. I will cross my fingers and hope it integrates into s2member cleanly – I’ll post back to let anyone else with the same problem know if it works for me.

Thanks a Tonne!!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 3:23 am #14294

You’re welcome! Glad it does what you need.

If you want to get quicker test results, generate another test button with really short initial terms, so you can see sooner what happens at the end of each. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.