latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Pro Forms Templates Ignored

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Pro Forms Templates Ignored

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Joanne Masterson 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 6:12 pm #36024

Hi Folks,

I’ve saved a slightly modified version of my paypal-registration-form.php to my theme directory, but it’s being ignored. The default is always used: plugins/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/paypal-registration-form.php

I have also tried saving a copy within WP_CONTENT_DIR, with no success.

According to this forum post, TEMPLATEPATH and WP_CONTENT_DIR should be viable destinations for custom templates:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/customised-template-for-registration-form/#post-27698

Side note: Wouldn’t STYLESHEETPATH be another good place to search for custom templates for the sake of sites using child themes?

Here are some of my less common configuration items to consider:

• My site has WP configured within a subdirectory.
  • I have a custom WP_CONTENT_DIR:
    define( ‘WP_CONTENT_DIR’, $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] . ‘/foo/bar’ );
  • My active theme is a child theme

Your ideas and guidance are appreciated!

Mahalo!
John

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:13 pm #36047

I am also using a child theme and am having issues with customized pro forms. Is there a reason that TEMPLATEPATH is used over STYLESHEETPATH?

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:39 pm #36049

STYLESHEETPATH points to the child theme directory, TEMPLATEPATH points to the parent theme. s2member may very well already search STYLESHEETPATH for custom templates, but I don’t know.

Since custom templates within my WP_CONTENT_DIR aren’t being observed, I may have something else interfering.

Hopefully Jason & team can provide clarity here.

There are similar functions to access those child and parent theme directories too:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_stylesheet_directory
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_template_directory

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:34 am #42646

Thank you @John LeBlank and #Tanner Moushey for sharing this observation. Your thread made it possible for me to use a custom template by putting it in the parent theme directory.

So glad you shared your findings

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.