latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

custom profile field triggers

Home Forums Community Forum custom profile field triggers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  John Petrone 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 5:35 pm #39240

I am trying to figure out how to allow certain registration/profile fields to display for certain types of users. I understand that by default, I can make a profile field visable for membership level “x” (whatever I set it at) and above. But for example, in our site, one of the profile fields for everyone is type of company. The user can choose from a drop down of “Architect”, “Banker” etc. Each type of company has specific questions that need to be filled out. More information example, Architects need to be able to input their most recent completed project where bankers need to be able to put the types of loans they work with. What can I do to query the database for the type of company entered and have the system populate the profile questions specific to that user type. I thought maybe using something in other attributes but that seems to be for functionality of a specific question. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! We are using the plugin with wordpress and buddy press.

UPDATE: I may have an idea that may work but I would think it may be easier. All company types would have access to the paid content. So, I guess I could assign each company type a different membership level allowing me to assign profile questions to a membership level – thus producing the questions that apply to each company type. Then I could set each member paid page to level 2 (the lowest paid level) and above. Any other thoughts on a better way to do this?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  John Petrone.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.