latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Profile Fields Export/Import

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Profile Fields Export/Import

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 2:26 am #55389
interx
Username: interexcel

I have the S2Member plugin and created a lot of profile fields for the registration form on my local machine.

I then exported this and imported it on the production site.

I can see the correct fields when viewing /wp-login.php?action=register but the problem is that I cannot edit it anymore in s2Member > General Options > Registration/Profile Fields & Options.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Kind regards

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 10:52 pm #55463
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I can see the correct fields when viewing /wp-login.php?action=register but the problem is that I cannot edit it anymore in s2Member > General Options > Registration/Profile Fields & Options.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Could you screenshot this portion of your Dashboard so we can see what it looks like? I can confirm that it’s working correctly in a default installation of WordPress.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:03 am #55678
interx

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Here is the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/0kWDh5o.jpg (I’m not sure how to upload it here)

As you can see, at the red arrow is where the fields are supposed to be listed.

The form is appearing correctly on the registration page but I cannot add or edit any fields…

Is there anything I can try from my side to help resolve this issue?

Kind regards

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 6:20 pm #55697
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the update.

I’ve never seen this error before. Normally if there’s an issue here it’s due to s2Member’s files not loading, but it appears that s2Member’s admin page styles have loaded on your installation. I’ll need to take a look at your installation. Can you submit a Dashboard login through this form please?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:59 am #55733
interx

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with login details as this is a client’s website and not my own.

I have also tried to copy the wp_options entry (ws_plugin__s2member_options) for S2Member but this didn’t work either. None of my settings was kept in tact.

Is there perhaps a manual way to resolve this issue in the mean time? Ie, copy more than the 1 wp_options field?

When doing

SELECT * FROM  `wp_options` WHERE option_name LIKE  '%s2%'

I get the following fields:

• ws_plugin__s2member_activated_levels
  • ws_plugin__s2member_cache
  • ws_plugin__s2member_notices
  • ws_plugin__s2member_options
  • ws_plugin__s2member_configured
  • ws_plugin__s2member_activated_version
  • _transient_timeout_s2m_ipr_85b6e541e2d72d854ef106e…
  • _transient_s2m_ipr_85b6e541e2d72d854ef106ee5617663

Perhaps it’s a combination of these fields?

Also I notice there’s a “options_version” and “options_checksum” in the ‘ws_plugin__s2member_options’ array. Maybe it’s a difference in these values and the ones in the other options..?

Can it be done manually? I’m all for it if it’s possible at this stage.

Thank you for your help!

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 10:33 pm #55968
Bruce
Staff Member

Can it be done manually? I’m all for it if it’s possible at this stage.

I don’t think this would be possible. These values are stored as an associative array, and I believe the custom fields are saved as a JSON array in their portion of the ws_plugin__s2member_options. I would first ask that you deactivate any plugins or custom themes you have and revert back to a default WordPress theme and see if that will allow you to manage these fields.

Because this is only one specific portion of the page, it seems likely to me that there might be an incompatibility with the CSS of your theme or another plugin that’s causing this. All of s2Member’s files are loading in the back end if you’re able to toggle the different portions of s2Member’s General Options, which it appears you are able to do.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.