latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom profile fields not working

Home Forums Community Forum Custom profile fields not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:25 am #43139

I am trying to get a state user profile field into S2Members custom profiles but the fields will not work and reformats my text to have an “n” between what was each new line. I am using just as direction require.
Please any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Alabama|Alabama
Alaska|Alaska
Arizona|Arizona
Arkansas|Arkansas
California|California
Colorado|Colorado
Connecticut|Connecticut
Delaware|Delaware
Florida|Florida
Georgia|Georgia
Hawaii|Hawaii
Idaho|Idaho
Illinois|Illinois
Indiana|Indiana
Iowa|Iowa
Kansas|Kansas
Kentucky|Kentucky
Louisiana|Louisiana
Maine|Maine
Maryland|Maryland
Massachusetts|Massachusetts
Michigan|Michigan
Minnesota|Minnesota
Mississippi|Mississippi
Missouri|Missouri
Montana|Montana
Nebraska|Nebraska
Nevada|Nevada
New Hampshire|New Hampshire
New Jersey|New Jersey
New Mexico|New Mexico
New York|New York
North Carolina|North Carolina
North Dakota|North Dakota
Ohio|Ohio
Oklahoma|Oklahoma
Oregon|Oregon
Pennsylvania|Pennsylvania
Rhode Island|Rhode Island
South Carolina|South Carolina
South Dakota|South Dakota
Tennessee|Tennessee
Texas|Texas
Utah|Utah
Vermont|Vermont
Virginia|Virginia
Washington|Washington
West Virginia|West Virginia
Wisconsin|Wisconsin
Wyoming|Wyoming

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:32 am #43140

This is what happens when I hit save all changes:

Alabama | Alabama nAlaska | Alaska nArizona | Arizona nArkansas | Arkansas nCalifornia|California nColorado|Coloradon Connecticut|Connecticut nDelaware|Delaware nFlorida|Florida nGeorgia|Georgia nHawaii|Hawaii nIdaho|Idaho nIllinois|Illinois nIndiana|Indiana nIowa|Iowa nKansas|Kansas nKentucky|Kentucky nLouisiana|Louisiana nMaine|Maine nMaryland|Maryland nMassachusetts|Massachusetts nMichigan|Michigan nMinnesota|Minnesota nMississippi|Mississippi nMissouri|Missouri nMontana|Montana nNebraska|Nebraska nNevada|Nevada nNew Hampshire|New Hampshire nNew Jersey|New Jersey nNew Mexico|New Mexico nNew York|New York nNorth Carolina|North Carolina nNorth Dakota|North Dakota nOhio|Ohio nOklahoma|Oklahoma nOregon|Oregon nPennsylvania|Pennsylvania nRhode Island|Rhode Island nSouth Carolina|South Carolina nSouth Dakota|South Dakota nTennessee|Tennessee nTexas|Texas nUtah|Utah nVermont|Vermont nVirginia|Virginia nWashington|Washington nWest Virginia|West Virginia nWisconsin|Wisconsin nWyoming|Wyoming

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:29 am #43158

Hi Bryan.

The n probably comes from the \n which is a linebreak. It shouldn’t be displaying like that, though. But how do the options show up in the actual form’s dropdown?

I just tried it in my test installation and couldn’t reproduce it. Could you follow the tips offered in this article, please? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:49 am #43161

The form fiels show up as “AlabamanAlaska” with only that one option.
Thank you,
Bryan

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:33 am #43222

Did you follow the troubleshooting tips? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

You can also send me the site’s info so I take a look. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:52 am #43227

I did follow the troubleshooting tips as much as possible. I have back the plug-ins out twice. maybe I am missing something but buddy press and mingle are vital to my setup.

http://www.bandorbar.com is the site …Did you want log in info as well?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 9:12 am #43232

Right, the login info please, so I can take a look at your configuration and the problem in the form. Please include the address of the page where the form with the problem is. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:04 am #43238

Thanks for the login.

I looked at the field and saw all the values in a single line. I pasted the correct one you posted above and saved, and saw that the field again has them all in a single line.

Something is affecting the behavior, and I suspect it’s a conflict. When you tested deactivating the other plugins/theme, did you then edit the field and saved it to see if the options were correct afterwards? If not, please do this.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.