latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom registration field not got default val

Home Forums Community Forum Custom registration field not got default val

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 1:21 pm #18820
Simon Cooke
Username: Simon23

Hi – this is a weird one – got me baffled

I have created a custom profile field (text field) that is set to hidden during registration and after in profile management

I have assigned a default value to the field (text string)

I have setup and tested my regsitration process – via paypay buttons and back to the site to finish regsitration – all working

except, the new users account, whilst it has the hidden field in the profile (I see this by looking at admin to user profiles) – the hidden field has no default value assigned to it (its blank)

this is breaking some other site functionality that depends on the value of this hidden field

can anyone help please ?

Si

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:49 am #18881
Simon Cooke

bump

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 5:55 am #18900

Hi Simon.

That’s odd. I just tested this in my installation and it worked fine. The field is hidden on registration and profile, and when I check for it as the admin it’s there with the default value.

Are you using the default registration page or a pro-form?

Maybe there’s something in your installation causing it to not work? You can try as a test to use the default theme, or deactiving other plugins and trying after each if the problem continues.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 6:22 am #18903
Simon Cooke

using a paypal button to pay for registration, this redirects back to out of the box s2 registration

after it completes the hidden field is in users profile but has no value

no other plugins are involved in this process

Joe

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 6:24 am #18904

So it’s a clean WP installation, with no other plugins installed and active? And you’re using the default theme?

A clean installation doesn’t have the problem you mentioned, so there must be something else interfering in yours. Deactivating plugins and using the default theme, helps remove conflicts and spot where they may be.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:03 am #18908
Simon Cooke

this is my s2member

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 10:15 am #18920
Simon Cooke

Just to re-iterate, in my version of s2member pro, the hidden at registration, custom field, assigned a default value – does not work as it should.

Its not until I show the custom field that that the value is assigned to it during regsitration.

To work around the issue – I have given it a friendly name, made it a pre-checked checkbox and made it required (so the user cannot uncheck it when filling out reg form)

It now retains the correct value (in this case ‘1’) – which I cab use elsewhere

Joe

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 6:05 am #19014

Glad you found a way that worked for you. It’s odd that the one you tried first didn’t, though, even if it’s a slightly older version of s2Member. We haven’t had reports of it not working, or made any changes to that code since that release that I know of.

Anyway, with that workaround you now have the functionality you need. Thanks for the update! :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.