latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom registration fields…

Home Forums Community Forum Custom registration fields…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:37 am #23893
Jim Reamer
Username: jwrbloom

I’m using the free version right now, which I really like. In using the custom registration fields, it creates serialized data. I’d like for it to create data in separate columns in the user datatable. (I’ve already created the columns.)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:40 am #23915

Hi Jim.

I’m glad you like s2Member so much. :)

Thanks for your feedback. We are doing something like that with the new s2Member, but not in usermeta, instead it’ll be a new table. No release date, though, we haven’t even gotten to beta yet.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 11:58 am #23950
Jim Reamer

Will it be available with the free version or as part of the pro version?

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm #23951
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jim,

Pretty sure it would be in the free version, otherwise upgrading to s2Member pro would be a hassle, and the pro version would only be expanding the free version, not changing it. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm #23952
Jim Reamer

That would be good news in the short run, although in the long run I’ll likely see needs that push me into the pro version.

Speaking of which, it would be SUPER if the pro version had a way to handle Author management, as well as User management. Meaning, I’m eventually working toward parameters that determine which Authors get credit for which Users subscribing. Not in a WP-MU way (does MU even exist still?), but in a blog that will have 3-8 writers.

I’ll be having two custom registration fields:
Why are you subscribing? (team oriented content that each writer is mostly responsible for)
Where do you live? (county)

Then again, if those two fields can be written in columns, instead as serialized data like meta data, I’ll be able to more easily write my own queries. Either way…great product!

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 5:43 am #24012

Thanks Jim! :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.