latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Registration/Profile Fields issue

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Registration/Profile Fields issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:11 am #10118

Running.
Latest WordPress
Latest BuddyPress
Latest bbPress
Latest S2member Pro

So What Im attempting to do is:
allow a guest to resister, as a free user, and fill out a profile questionair. Here is the optimum procedure.

1. Click on free registration, Level 0. just flushing this out for now.
2. Brings me to BuddyPress Registration Page.
3. Fill Out Form with Basic Info.
4. User gets activation email
5. User Activates via email link.
6. User gets brought to webpage to confirm and logs on.
7. User then gets redirected to Advanced Profile Options.
8. User completes it and fills out all available info, updates it.
9. Done, or upgrades.

Heres the issues.
1. I want to set some fields only viewable by Level 1+, but editable by Level 0+.
2. Currently it seems you must be level 1+ to edit level 1+ fields, is there a way to change that? So I can have everyone fill out all fields but only Level 1+ subscribers are able to view those fields?

3. There is currently a format issue, it seems that S2member arbitrailily inserts the fields. Possibly an issue with the fact that I built all but the one field in BuddyPress. Maybe S2 starts after the first field in BuddyPress instead of the last known field. I Want the “S2 Test Section” after all of the BuddyPress fields populate. See attached Photo.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, and S2 is a great addition to my site. It’s worth the money!!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:52 am #10134

Thanks for the kudos, Frank! :)

I’m sorry, that kind of visibility control over the custom fields is not possible yet. Control over the BP form order for the fields is not there either. You could try customizing them if you know PHP or get someone that does, though.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 11:26 am #10159

Thanks Cristian, I’m sure I can figure a work around. I don’t know much PHP yet…but that may change! One last question…. Do you think it’s possible to Modify the code in BP to show or hide fields based on subscription level?

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #10170

Yeah, I’m sure it’s possible. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.