latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom s2Member User Profile

Home Forums Community Forum Custom s2Member User Profile

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:04 pm #41419
Todd Mosher
Username: jczone5

I’ve read a lot of other “custom profile field” topics on here, and am a paid member, since I do certainly like this plugin and want to support it. There is one thing though that bugs me about the way the profile fields are programmed, via this closed post (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/custom-fields-for-user-profiles/).

The post references the file s2member/includes/classes/profile-in.inc.php. It has some of the most bizarre PHP loops I’ve ever seen using the eval() function, and effectively making the profile page nearly impossible to edit from a coding standpoint without hacking.

Are there possibly any plans to change the way that this works in the future? When I see something like:

eval ('foreach(array_keys(get_defined_vars())as$__v)$__refs[$__v]=&$$__v;');

It makes me think someone *really* doesn’t want me editing their code. This really isn’t meant as a criticism at all, it’s just a genuine query as to how I can tap into how the profile form is laid out without creating an entirely new form.

For example, I need to turn parts of the form into jQuery “accordion” sections that can expand and collapse. Can anyone please give me some insight into how this might be possible?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:57 pm #41651
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

We cannot help with Custom Code here, but I can let you know that all cases of the eval(); function are going to be updated in the next version of s2Member. You may want to wait until the next Maintenance release of s2Member is released before continuing here.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.