latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer can email page access link

Home Forums Community Forum Customer can email page access link

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:33 pm #9064

I am setting up a website to charge for access to watch a streaming instructional video for a specified period of time (from 2 weeks to one month). I have 5 individual lessons. In a test purchase with live PayPal, I was able to forward the email to another account and access the content from the forwarded email. I also have other downloadable products coming out and want to be able to keep those emails from being shared. I thought that S2 Member did this automatically. The access link in the email from my test looked encrypted, but it still worked.

I completely logged out of my other accounts just to make sure that the access wasn’t saved somehow.

Please help me configure this properly. I am using the PayPal Buttons/ Specific Post Page Buy Now Buttons to create the PayPal button for the page with the streaming video.

Thank you for your help.

Blessings,
Franck

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 5:26 am #9093

Hi Franck.

The Specific Post/Page access link is independent of user accounts, so it doesn’t matter if you login or out of 10 accounts, the link will keep working for you, especially if you still have the same IP, which is the only way it can guess that other people may be using it.

If your user does have an account, or could register one, I suggest that you use Levels or Custom Capabilities tied to the account, instead of using the Specific Post/Page restriction.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:53 am #9117

Since I have more than 4 products, it seems that custom capabilities for each lesson would be the route to go. Would the customer still need to register an account if I used the custom capabilities feature?

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:11 pm #9120
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Franck, thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, your users would still need to make an account, become a user, because their CCaps information is stored along with their user account.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:59 pm #9122

I once saw a feature where the membership sign up was integrated with PayPal, but I cannot find it. How do I do that process?

Also, once a person has a Level 0 membership, then I would like to use the Custom Capabilities to sell access to certain pages. Could this be done simply with short codes and the page number provided by the WP Show ID’s plugin?

Thank you

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:19 pm #9148

The custom capability restriction is applied to pages/posts from the s2Member box in the edit page for it.

To have payment and registration in the same page, you’d use s2Member’s pro-forms with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms[/hilite]

You can sell Custom Capabilities to members at Level 0 or higher.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #9291

Thank you Cristian. Now everything is operating smoothly.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 6:00 pm #9301

Excellent. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.