latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer Email

Home Forums Community Forum Customer Email

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 9:43 am #34834
JD Duran
Username: jdduran30

Hey guys,

received this from a customer:

Thanks, I am up and running, but I have some questions. I need for my son Brad to be able to access this account. In fact I don’t have a paypal account and he actually paid for it.
I’m an old guy so I don’t really understand IP addresses. Brad and I both have Iphone’s, Ipads and home and office laptops. I don’t know the IP limitations and am not sure if each device has it’s own IP address or if it is by provider or area.

Anyhow, if only one of us can use this site it needs to be Brad. He works for AT&T and they moved him to Columbus Ohio so it’s more important for brad to have access than myself. I am sending this email to you and Brad, because I want any information you provide to allow us to discuss our options. I would appreciate your response be to both of us.

Does it matter where they sign in from?

Thanks

JD

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:54 am #34906

Hi JD.

Yes, because each device will have its own IP address, and they add up, eventually triggering the Unique IPs restriction. You can reset/raise the limit from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]. You can also reset the limit for a particular account from its profile page.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:36 am #34943
JD Duran
Username: jdduran30

Hey Christian,

Thanks so much! You guys are fantastic. Sorry for being a pain!

JD

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:23 am #35028

Thanks for the kudos! Very glad to help you. Let us know if you have more questions. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.