latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer not getting email for registering

Home Forums Community Forum Customer not getting email for registering

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 6:55 pm #18628

Hey guys,
Okay I am using JVZOO for my cart … it’s set up 100% product and functional.
My issue is 40% of the people who purchase don’t get a email instantly from S2member to register.
I have tested it 10 times and it works for me … BUT there a quite I few that are having an issue with
getting the email

… Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Michael Somerville

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:57 am #18643

I have been having the very same issue on several different installs with JVZoo. When I tested it on my most recent setup it seemed to work ok when doing a test transaction but when live EVERY customer did not get an email.

Any solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sean

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:06 am #18644

Yeah, it went down on the last update.
We went Product Of the day today and my support went through the roof. lol

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 6:04 am #18661

Hi Michael, Sean.

We went Product Of the day today

Congratulations! :)

Okay I am using JVZOO for my cart … it’s set up 100% product and functional.

I’m not familiar with the JVZoo integration yet, having not used it myself. Would you mind walking me through what you did to integrate with it? If you want to not mention something in public, you can use the contact form. It doesn’t have a lot of space for a message, but you can link to a text file or attach it to the email. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

… Thoughts ?

when live EVERY customer did not get an email.

Well, email is being sent sometimes, so the actual email delivery may not be at fault here, but you could still check this read this article: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

Does the email log plugin show those emails not sent at all, or they are but they just don’t get to the user? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-log/

What email is the one not being sent? The signup confirmation or the new user one?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

Do you have logging enabled? I’d like to see the log entries for a transaction that didn’t get the email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:28 am #18667

For me the accounts are not being created which is likely why no emails. JVZoo uses the IPN w/ Proxy Key.

http://mydomain.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=JVZoo&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=xxxxxxxxx (number removed for security)

However it seems that the notifications are not getting through / processed. I have put a message to Chad Cassleman who is the owner of JVZoo to see if we can figure something out as well but wanted to know if there were any solutions to this issue on this side incase there was something I missed.

Thoughts?

Sean

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:35 pm #18675

Chad is the tech guy :) Bryan Zimmerman and EBR own it.

I did the same Shawn, but it worked. Make sure you have the level set and you have a central IPN somewhere.

As for the email, I have done everything you mentioned and still 40% of the people don’t get an email “COngrats, blah blah )

.. Doesn’t make sense.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:58 pm #18741

Michael, since it’s something kinda random, could you check that it’s not a mod_security issue? Maybe the proxy key sometimes has a substring that’s not liked by your mod_security settings. Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:00 pm #18742

Okay, I was just about to type in here and you posted .. lol
I can’t seem to figure it out .. I’ll look at this now!

Is there a way to change the confirmation ? so they can click and register rather then waiting for the email

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:07 pm #18743

Didn’t do anything.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 3:51 am #18784

Is there a way to change the confirmation ? so they can click and register rather then waiting for the email

What URL is JVZoo sending you to after checkout?

Well, when the person comes back to the s2Member return URL, a cookie is set so he’ll be allowed to register even if registrations are closed, and will give the new account the access he paid for. Not sure if that happens with the JVZoo integration, do you use the return URL? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT/Auto-Return Integration[/hilite]

Another thing you can do is, if you confirmed the person paid successfully, is show him a free registration pro-form It’s called like that because it doesn’t require a payment, but you’d check for this requisite before showing it it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

Another thing you can do, if you confirmed the person paid, is redirect him to the normal WP registration page, but using a special link that will let him register even if registrations are closed, and give him the access he paid for. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/registrations/c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access/#src_doc_register_link_gen%28%29

That link would be the same kind that he gets by email, or the one you can generate from [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links[/hilite].

If you do it that way, though, you’d need to make sure that the email he gets by email can not then be used by someone else that he shares it with, since you basically let him register some other way. Or you may choose to remove that registration link from the email altogether and only let him register when coming back from payment, or contacting you if there’s any problem with that.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:17 pm #18834

Okay, so all I am giving the customer is a link the same as I have in the third party section of Options for this method;

Another thing you can do, if you confirmed the person paid, is redirect him to the normal WP registration page, but using a special link that will let him register even if registrations are closed, and give him the access he paid for. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/registrations/c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access/#src_doc_register_link_gen%28%29

That link would be the same kind that he gets by email, or the one you can generate from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:50 pm #18838

the same as I have in the third party section of Options for this method;

What do you mean?

Could you answer these, please?

– What URL is JVZoo sending the customer to after checkout?

– Does the email log plugin show those emails not sent at all, or they are but they just don’t get to the user? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-log/

– What email is the one not being sent? The signup confirmation, the new user one, or both?
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User

– Do you have logging enabled? If not, please enable it. I’d like to see the log entries for a transaction that didn’t get the email. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging

Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.